coach services at bgs
There are 3 Flexible options for pre-booked journeys:
1. Pre-booked Daily Return Option for a term
This option offers pupils a daily return journey for an entire term.
This method guarantees a seat and enjoys our lowest journey fares and sibling discounts. Termly tickets are issued by the Bursar’s Office prior to the start of each term.
2. Pre-booked Daily One-Way Option for a term
This option offers pupils a pre-booked one-way ticket, either a ‘ticket to school’ or a ‘ticket from school’ for an entire term.
Please note a ticket that is used to go to school cannot be used as a ticket going from school and vice versa.
This is designed to help parents and carers who can always make School journey arrangements at one end of the day but struggle with the School journey at the other end of the day.
This method guarantees a seat on the coach. Termly tickets are issued by the Bursar’s Office prior to the start of each term.
3. Single Journey Option
Designed to help parents and carers who would like their children to use the School coaches on an infrequent, ad hoc basis.
The features of this offering are:
- Up to 6 journeys in either direction in any 30-day period.
- Individual journey bookings to be made via the Bursar’s office a minimum of 24 hours in advance of intended travel date (without this we cannot guarantee a seat on the coach).
- Travel is with a valid pass/ticket only which is issued by the Bursar’s office and can be collected by pupils from their School office.
- Bookings taken on a first come first served basis, there may not always be space on the coach for your chosen journey, so please book as early as you can. This will be explained at the time of booking.
- Pupils must have a valid ticket for travel, the driver will retain ticket when used.
- The fee for the journey will be added to the next available direct debit or fee bill.
Drop off and pick up points at Bury Grammar School are at designated bus stops on Jubilee Way, within a two minute walk of the School campus.