BGS pupils and teachers are proud to aim high and have high expectations.
To challenge and inspire pupils to work hard, aim high and achieve and to provide an excellent learning environment where each pupil values academic success and where achievement is celebrated by all.
To foster intellectual curiosity and generosity of spirit, self-belief, confidence, a sense of responsibility and a caring and tolerant outlook.
To encourage all pupils to participate in a wide range of activities, developing an all-round approach to their education and a life-long love of learning.
To support parents in raising well-rounded, ambitious and happy children who play a positive role in society, develop a sense of duty and service and are well prepared for lives in an ever-changing world.
1. Successfully embed the new BGS curriculum which is designed to provide breadth alongside academic challenge and give our pupils the edge in life
2. Continue to strengthen academic provision across all areas of BGS so that pupils can truly achieve the very best of which they are capable
3. Improve and strengthen communication with current and prospective parents so that BGS continues to be the school of first choice
4. Maintain, recruit, nurture and develop a first class teaching and support staff
5. Ensure the success of our newly coeducational Sixth Form in its first year 2018-19
6. Further enhance the quality of education offered in Pre-School, the Infant School and both Junior Schools
7. Develop careers provision and options advice programmes
8. Continue to strengthen pastoral provision
9. Continue to broaden the outstanding range of extra-curricular opportunities on offer at BGS and develop the ‘super curriculum’
10. Continue to improve our excellent facilities and develop IT provision
BGS Strategic Plans - Full Document