Welcome to Bury Grammar School Junior School!
As one of the highest achieving schools in the Manchester area, we provide excellent teaching in a happy secure environment, where all pupils feel valued.
We are incredibly proud of our pupils here at Bury Grammar School and believe that quality is the key to their success and happiness. We are delighted to introduce our new co-educational Primary Division from September 2022, offering one modern, central base for Primary.
Key benefits of a Bury Grammar School Primary education are:
- A commitment to small class sizes: at the moment the average Primary Division class is under 20.
- Equal opportunities for both boys and girls.
- An all-through Primary education, taking our pupils from Juniors, and earlier, into Sixth Form until age 18.
- Traditional grammar school high standards within a modern, upbeat environment.
- Your child will join our senior school without sitting our entrance exam as we know our pupils abilities extremely well before they transition into senior school.
- Exceptional facilities: a new state-of-the-art library, new outdoor play areas, new classrooms and a new reception and school office, providing a one stop point easily accessible by parents, Forest School , dedicated sports facilities, swimming pool and much more!
Education should be challenging and fun!
We are thrilled to see that love of learning being nurtured and expressed every day. We are proud of how our pupils display confidence and ambition which enables them to gain knowledge, develop an enquiring mind and grow into independent learners and prepare them for the next stage of their education.
Set in an academically challenging environment which is vibrant and stimulating…
Our Junior School challenges pupils and enables them to flourish. We nurture the whole child to ensure an all-round holistic education with high standards. We are committed to developing each pupil and nurturing their potential.
High aspirations, quality teaching and outstanding pastoral care go hand in hand
We ensure our pupils are happy within their learning setting. The broad, enquiry-based curriculum consists of Maths, English, Science, Humanities, Computing and Modern Foreign Languages as well as being supported by an extensive range of foundation activities in Art, Music, Drama and Sport, where our extensive facilities come into their own. We take pride in their achievements. Our generous Enrichment Programme is outstanding and allows our pupils to experience a wide range of activities and residential visits.
The Junior School is a thriving, rich, fun filled environment where our pupils become more than ready for the next stage and challenges in their education.
The result of a BGS Junior education?
The best possible start, and potential to succeed.
As part of our unique all-through school, we are an integral part of the BGS learning journey and have the expertise in developing our pupils supportively, so that they are prepared for the rigors of life at Senior School education and later life.
We are very proud of our friendly school and very much look forward to meeting you and showing you the fabulous achievements of our pupils!
Mrs Chrissy Howard, Primary Principal